PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The candidate will be joining a team of indirect tax experts, and will be responsible for managing Japanese clients with global VAT and GST registrations.
The role provides backup and assistance to our team of more senior VAT specialists situated in London, United Kingdom and will comprise an array of responsibilities - both technical and administrative in nature.
The business is growing very quickly, so there is room for development and progression within the team.
There will be opportunities for technical training relating to indirect tax; and invaluable experience in client service will be gained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business development for the Global business which will be generated mainly through referrals obtained from existing VAT refund clients of the Tokyo branch.
- On-boarding of Global clients.
- Obtaining client information and documentation to facilitate global VAT registrations.
- Effective communication with clients regarding queries or information requested.
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative/analytical projects as requested.
- Effective management of client relationships and accounts.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about business development and account management, with an interest in financial services, tax in particular. The role deals mainly with indirect tax compliance (VAT).
The candidate should be proficient in MS Excel, a good communicator and happy to work with new software systems.
The candidate must be able to communicate effectively in Japanese and English as there will be significant communication with Japanese companies as well as the head office of in London, United Kingdom.
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Fluent)