DCS (Data Center Services) Remote Specialists will be driving certain portion of the Site Services Support at Microsoft’s remote (Edge) data centers.
This position requires extensive customer and vendor interaction that requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional technical knowledge. 30% time will be spent on project workflow management, 70% on actual tasks/physical activity coordination with local sites such as remote work dispatch, site communication, tracking/inventory system updates, ticket diaries etc...
- Dispatching smart hands to support Edge locations using Edge Site templates and rules of engagement cited in the SharePoint site
- Triaging ticket queue and email
- Supporting work windows
- Resolving ticket completion
- Drive physical HW install/decommission/migration tasks remotely via site vendor or off site support vendor. Will dispatch remote hands requests for physical tasks needed for projects such as rack and stack, cabling etc
- Although team is responsible for supporting global Edge Data centers each specialist will focus on certain geographic region such as US west/east, Europe, Asia etc..
- Manage physical and logical network resources such as TOR switch ports IPs, OOB ports etc…
- Prefer 1-3 years previous experience in a Data Center environment
- Sound understanding of Data Center networking, server and storage infrastructure hardware
- Excellent Customer Support Skills
- Excellent written (email & procedural instructions) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment is required
- Must be able to both operate as a member of a larger global team while fostering a culture of teamwork for his/her respective local team
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications is required
- Microsoft DCS specific experience familiarity is big plus
- CompTIA Network+ is preferred
- College degree in computer science or equivalent is preferred
- MS MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA certification is plus
- Work activity is during normal business hours Monday to Friday however flexibility to work off-shifts as requested or dictated by the flow of business is required
- Language requirement
- English (Native), Japanese (Fluent)