- Work within a team to provide front line support both by phone and face-to-face to Front Office staff
- Primarily to provide first and second line support for all PC issues, within a standardized operating environment
- Identification of issue and escalation to appropriate second or third line IT teams both locally and globally following identification and initial troubleshooting
- Involvement in IT related projects as well as day-to-day support.
- Software & user administration (Windows 7 System)
- Handle Moves & Changes on the Trade Floor
- Hardware Administration (Installation of workstation, update of inventory information; Laptop installation, troubleshooting, training and support etc)
- Support for front-end Market Data applications (Real Time Data on Excel etc)
- Support for Japanese applications used on trade floor (eg, Quick ActiveManager, TradeNet/X, T-Wave, Smartbridge, etc); where appropriate liaise with third party vendors
- Be audit- and control- conscious and carry out IT control/risk related work
- At least three years' experience in the financial industry in a front office IT support role
- Fluent English and Intermediate Japanese
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and be well presented
- Excellent escalation skills
- MS Excel (VBA skills preferred), Windows 7, Active Directory, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters EIKON experience essential
- Windows Desktop and Server operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003,2008 preferably in a demanding, large networked global enterprise environment, e.g. event log, GPResult, performance issues.
- Microsoft Office 2010 products, including Outlook, Word, Excel (including formula use, macro/VBA), PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Office add-ins, Microsoft Lync.
- Task automation using scripting languages PowerShell, Visual Basic, VB Script, Perl or equivalent.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Progress towards MCSE (or other comparable industry certification) required Background in Enterprise management and experience working with System Centre Control Manager (SCCM and/or SMS), Windows enterprise technologies , DFS, Active Directory
- Computer and Technology Knowledge: Windows, Hardware, Device drivers, Networking software, Networking hardware, Networking security , Intranet, Internet, Servers, Applications
- Networking issues. (DNS, DHCP)
- Broad and deep level understanding of EMC SAN and NAS arrays, NetApp Filers, Working experience in SAN/NAS Administration and tiered storage architectures
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Presentation Server / XenApp Technology
- AppSense Environment Manager
- An understanding of Active Directory (GPO, OU, Groups)
- Proficiency in creating documentation for end users and support personnel
- Self-starter with experience working in a project team environment
- Able to work and communicate effectively with senior VIP clients for troubleshooting and explaining technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work weekends occasionally
- Able to travel to branch sites in Nagoya and Osaka.
Financial industry experience
Strong Customer Service Skills
Problem Solving Skills
Desire to continuously improve
Effective Communication Skill
- Language requirement
- English (Native), Japanese (Business)
- Visa requirement