Reports to the Technical & IT Security Services Manager during non-Operational period.
Direct role with the official IT integration partner of the International Olympics Committee and as such currently working alongside the Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (OCOG) to plan, design, integrate and secure the IT Services required to deliver success for the Games.
These services include Workforce and Volunteers Management, Athletes Registration and Qualification, Accreditation and Access Control; as well as all Results Services required to collect, consolidate and spread the sport results worldwide.
Keyy responsibilities are System Integration, Games Operations, Cloud Hosting and Technical & IT Security Services.
Overall, the OCOG Network Architecture should be capable to:
- Cover all venues, data centers, facilities and connectivity to third parties’ infrastructure
- Support Office and Administration Systems, Internet access, Games mission critical systems and other Games Management Systems
- Deliver a very high level of availability, confidentiality, and integrity of the overall ICT Infrastructure.
- Support services with varying lifecycles and end-user populations
- Be implemented in a short time frame in the different competition venues, having minimal footprint
- Drive and manage OCOG Network design and implementation process
- Define and consolidate requirements for Network Hardware and Software in relation to the OCOG Network and the systems running on this network
- Produce high-level network architecture and implementation standards, leading the way for detailed designs produced by the different projects partners
- Validate and support implementation and monitoring of the OCOG network
- Define Network Policies and Procedures
- Oversee and proactively report to Technical & IT Security Services Manager network related issues, problems, gaps and risks during whole duration of the project
- Work close with Service Delivery and Core Hosting teams designing, supporting implementation and maintaining complete end-to-end network solution, as well as ensuring proper level of infrastructure integration and service delivery
- Participate in the network SLA review process, validate implementation of the measurement metrics
- Together with Telecom Provider conduct a comprehensive set of assurance activities in relation to the telecom infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Review and approve designs
- Review and approve test strategies and plans
- Witness and participate in test execution
- Monitor the implementation and operation of the telecom infrastructure to gain early sight of delivery and quality issues that can serve as risk indicators
- Together with the Security team:
- Assess risks including security controls
- Review test strategies regarding security penetration testing
All the above tasks should be focused on to ensure the full success of the Games.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in network architecture for complex enterprise and telecom projects
- Good general knowledge of standard network solutions and associated hardware/software
- Experience in coordinating third party suppliers (with Telco companies is a plus)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment
- Flexible approach to working hours including some shift work
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Fluent English
- Japanese fluency is a strong plus
- Language requirement
- English (Fluent), Japanese (Business)
- Visa requirement