Project Managers coordinate project(s) from initiation to delivery. Specific functions include: planning and tracking timelines, working with internal and external contacts to finalize project scope and budgets, and act as the primary point of contact. Project Managers are responsible for project plan creation/revision and maintenance, as well as, other project management documentation. They identify issues and potential operational hurdles and propose options for resolution.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Project Communication Management – ensure the proper collection and dissemination of project information.
- Provide key data and updates on project status (timelines, budget, resources, and delays) to Senior Management.
- Project Cost Management - ensure the project is completed within the approved budget including overall project coordination of resource planning, cost estimating, cost budgeting, and cost control.
- Interface with clients, finance, and line management for integrated project budget/resources.
- Project Integration Management – ensure that the various elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Manage the process of cross-functional integration of operational activities for the project team.
- Provide expert planning and operational support to the project.
- Maintain project documentation and keep plans up-to-date.
- Project Risk Management – risk identification, response development and response control.
- Contribute to operational problem resolution by developing contingency scenarios through the use of the planning tool.
- Project Time Management – ensure timely completion of the project.
- Track progress of the team and proactively identify possible problems and bottlenecks within projects
- 7+ years of proven experience in a project management capacity.
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
- Must have ability to travel to client sites globally.
- Strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills (expertise with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- English and Japanese bilingual
- Implementing enterprise Business Application Project experience.
- SDLC/PMP knowledge/experiences
- Knows Japanese culture and languages along with capability to build trusted relationships with clients.
- work experiences with Offshore site ( preferably in India)
- Pharma Industry experience is preferable, but not a must.
- Nice to have global team management responsibilities.
- Experience working in FDA regulated biotech/pharma/medical device industry (Life Sciences industry).
- Pharmacovigilance/Drug Safety experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Fluent), English (Business)