Manages the Technology Service Desk, define its Policy and Procedures, enforce those, train staff and manage all tools pertaining to the Technology Service Desk operations.
- Defines the Technology Service Desk function by adapting the MEV standards to Tokyo Project.
- Manage and maintain the Technology Service Catalog coordinating input from all Technology areas
- Supports the IT Service Management Platform (ITSM)
- Works with the Operations Process Manager to align ISF plan with the Tokyo project
- Works with the Operations Process Manager to define and review the policies, procedures and interfaces of the ITSM
- Supports other Project Providers to integrate following the ITSM policies, procedures and interfaces
- Initialize the ITSMS where appropriate (service levels, critical periods, catalogue, etc)
- Manages the Technology Service Desk supervisors to:
- Ensure all incidents are logged in the Incident tracking tool
- Analyze Technology Service Desk activities and make recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain a high level accuracy for data stored in the Incident tracking tool
- Ensure communication with customers, and with central support teams are smooth and following protocols.
- Ensure that the Technology Service Desk team has the appropriate skills to deliver the required target performance both in the Call Centre and in the Venues
- Defines the Technology Service Desk Training materials to ensure that support is provided in a consistent manner
- Ensure that regular training and appraisals are provided to staff to ensure that each member of the team is able to provide the best level of customer support
- Develop and implement robust processes to ensure that a high quality service is provided to the customers
- Produce the Technology Service Desks policies, procedures, check lists and guides
- Define and follow the service acceptance procedure for new services, train and ensure the service desk is capable of supporting continuous inflow of new services.
- Proactively suggest solving of high frequent requests/incidents at Service Desk. Continuously train and improve the capability of the Service Desk
- Analyze incidents to escalate some incidents to the Problem Management process, and coordinate with the Operations Process Manager to maintain Known Error DB
- Implement staffing and scheduling models to ensure guaranteed coverage to the business
- Works with the Operations Process Manager and IT Project Leader for ISF to design the reporting structure which ensures the early identification of issues in the performance of the Technology Service Desk.
- Reports regularly to the Operations Manager on the performance of the Technology Service Desk against the Service Level Agreement.
- Define and implement escalation procedures.
- Interface to users / customers who have complaints regarding the delivery of service. Deal with these complaints effectively and recommend corrective action to avoid subsequence occurrences
- Defines the Call Centre facility requirements
All these tasks should focus on:
- Ensuring the full success of the Games Operations
- Ensuring the best level of service is provided to the Service Desk customers
- Reusing, as often as possible, existing material and procedures from previous Olympic Games
- Building and/or enlarging the material to be used at following Major Events’ projects
- Providing an excellent service to our customers
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum 3 years’ experience of managing a team within a Service Desk environment, Technology Service Desk Management Experience is the benefit
- Thorough knowledge of IT Service Management processes, IT best practices and customer satisfaction evaluation processes
- Knowledgeable of ITIL methodology
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate teams from different background and nationality, possibly in different locations, effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system,Microsoft Office products and various browsers
- Knowledge of PC (client and server) hardware, printers, peripheral devices and basic network is a plus
- Fluent in English, good verbal communication skills
- Fluency in reading/writing, and, reviewing business English documents
- Japanese language skill is a plus
- Knowledge in PBX system is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to accept a significant level of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
Flexible approach to working hours and working locations
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Fluent), English (Fluent)
- Visa requirement