Seeking an outstanding candidate to lead Japan sales and growth for a global market leader.
- To develop and implement a sales plan that grows sales by at least 6% per year.
- Performance measured against – sales against budget, sales by market sector, sales by product.
- Regional Sales and Marketing Plan – In conjunction with Sales and Marketing to develop and implement a plan for the Japanese market.
- Expand and manage existing accounts.
- Develop new accounts in existing sectors.
- Develop new accounts in new sectors – Automotive, Electronics Equipment & Automation testimonials and intelligence and feedback to HQ.
- Develop Key OEM (original Equipment Manufacturers) sales.
- Distribution Channels – Identify, recruit and manage a range of non-exclusive distributors such for the Japanese market.
- Understands Japanese business culture and is able to operate within the culture whilst ensuring that company business needs come first.
- Able to work and influence at all levels of customer organisations from technician to managing director.
- Can work within a range of customer’ supply chains. Must be able to sell into more than one industry sector and one supply chain within a sector.
- High standard of spoken and written Japanese is essential.
- Good standard of spoken and written English desirable, training can be provided
- Experience of CRM such as Salesforce.
- Good planning and efficient working skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Well practiced in sales processes and account management
- At least 8 years successful B2B sales
- Evidence of successful sales within Automation Equipment
- Proven record of selling into and managing major blue-chip Japanese accounts
- Proven track record of selling direct to end users
- Undergraduate Engineering or Polymer Science Degree (mechanical, industrial, chemical, electrical engineering) not civil.
- Experience of Sales Processes and Account Management.
- Highly driven and able to work on own – planning, organising and managing workload.
- Aggressive for sales
- Superb influencing skills
- Good at cold calling
- Challenges and questions customers and distributors
- Determined robust and rigorous
- Highly credible, has gravitas
- Willingness to learn
- Tenacious, find ways around barriers
Driving License required
- Language requirement
- Japanese (Native), English (Business)