"Core Infrastructure Design and Deployment" - Working with local, regional and global software development and infra operations teams to build and deliver infrastructure according to company standards and best practices. Contribute to infrastructure architecture research, and testing to be able to support improvements and new solutions. Work towards understanding of infra environment (hardware, OS, tools, supporting services & software) and applications that run on that infrastructure.
- Researching and testing tools/technologies in AWS, implementing POCs and contributing to designing solutions, working with software development teams to support their development environment, deploy supporting services/systems to on-premise and AWS environments and do KT to ops team to ensure they can manage and operate those systems
- Understanding of application and infrastructure landscape, and work towards improving on-premise systems while following global policies/standards and industry best practicies.
- Consolidation of on-premise infrastructure to reduce physical footprint and ongoing costs.
- Providing L3 support to operations team and software development team, to assist in troubleshooting when necessary
• 3 + years of experience in systems administration
• Broad understanding of IT infra (servers, storage, networking, supporting services)
• Experience with web-based applications (covering areas like HTTP protocol, web servers, application servers, databases, load-balancing)
• Familiarity with Linux or Windows OS
• Familiarity with Virtualization environments like VMware or HyperV
• Some exposure to Bash or Powershell scripting (can understand scripts and make minor modifications)
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
• Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
• Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
• Willing to support on weekends/holidays if require under the work requirement.
• Experience working with AWS or other cloud services
• Understanding of cloud computing concepts (such as scripting/automation, pay-as-you-use cost models, etc.)
• Familiarity with both Linux and Windows Server OS
• Experience writing Bash or Powershell scripts from scratch
• Familiarity with other programming/scripting languages (Javscript, Python, Java, Powershell)
• Business-level verbal & written Japanese
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Microsoft, RHEL, VMWare, EMC or other Storage Vendor certification
• 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure operation support. Prior experience in working in regional, global teams preferred
• Experience liasing with business to support business applications
• Experience managing aspects of Data Centers (hardware, power, cooling, vendors, contracts, etc.)
- Language requirement
- English (Fluent), Japanese (Basic)